Thursday, January 25, 2007

Three Cigarettes and Some Coffee

    Its January 25, 2007, my day off, and I am sitting here on my dining room table, finishing my Irish cream coffee after a breakfast of eggs, enjoying my first cigarette of the day (always the best), and contemplating over what I will do today. Louie Armstrong and Duck Ellington are playing in the back ground, conjuring a suitable atmosphere for a blogg and a relaxing morning. My brother is still sleeping away the morning after a night of watching movies late at night and drinking pulque (an Aztec beer like drink made from agave juice, taste horrible, but I love my brother and I try to give him some sataisfaction by drinking it.).
     Sitting here I cant imagine what lies in the future for me, considering that life moves on and that one day I might leave, or my brother might leave, or maybe my sister sell the place. The truth is that the future no longer bothers me so much anymore. If making it means being rich and powerful, well then my future looks dim, but I think there so much more. Looking around I see that these four walls are (for now) my home. When I was living with my sister this place was really just hers, and I was living in her home. I felt a little homeless, only with a place to sleep and have fun on the weekends when she wasn’t home. Now it seems more my pad, ignoring the rules set by my old roommate and now having my own rules to follow.
     Thinking back, I would have never imagined myself renting a place with my brother, actually I never thought him being around after he got married, but it’s nice. It’s always nice to have someone around to just chill with and have a mutual goal (ours being to make our pad up to date with technology and spending large amounts of money on it). Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if my brother and I get married and have kids but decide to live together or close to one another, considering that I have the closest relationship with him than any other in my family. Honestly, I cant imagine not having contact with any of my siblings and although sometimes I want to go to the ends of the world and see everything and meet everyone, loosing any contact with my brother or sister would ail me.
     My coffee is done and I have smoked three cigarettes in the time it took me to write this blogg and its time for me to get up and do something. I’m considering just jumping back into bed and reading some more of Lady Chatterley’s Lover or some of Jonathan Swift’s satiric proposals (both have me intrigued). The only problem is that Louie, with his trumpet, has me hypnotized into my chair, and my lust in writing glues me to my keyboard but Boo also needs a walk and dinner needs to be cooked (both are also very enjoyable), so I think I will start with his walk and work myself up, but first I need a cigarette to get me in the mood.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

You're back to MySpace and cigarettes, but at least you've resisted the temptation of marijuana.

I think, at least.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.