Thursday, February 1, 2007

She loves me, She loves me not, She loves me!

     English, English, English, English, its surrounds me and has again captured me with its untamable rhythm. Once again the semester has started and once again I sit and stare at the exquisite woman, Glenis Hoffman. I don’t know why I have fallen so deeply in love with her, considering she is nothing more than an average looking woman, but don’t let looks get in the way. Her hair has becomes a soft black with age and her smile, aaaaaaaa her smile, delightfully twisted by God herself.
   & I sat quietly on the first day of school, waiting for Glenis to make her first entrance, and once her high-spirited soul passed through the door my heart was lifted with an assurance of great lessons. She, without hesitation, began the lesson immediate after a couple of minutes of role call. Wile in the lesson, she, while looking right at me, smiled and began to break me down, making almost a mockery of what I have become. In her own words she said I was that “smoking, coffee drinking, philosopher.” At first I was put into almost a shock, thinking that she must have been spying on me and knew what I have been up to, but I soon knew that she said that out of her own experience. I started to laugh.
   & It’s true my writings have been all philosophical and “deep” trying to find the meaning behind my thoughts and other peoples actions and reasons. I believe that’s why I love her so much, considering her understanding to be almost too ambiguous to be true. At the same times she is so vulnerable, and she makes me think twice about her dynamic assumptions about life when she falls to simple weaknesses such as acceptance by her own students. Through the first semester I was able to inductively come to terms that she, as a teacher, was one of the best I had ever had, considering she was able to break that barrier of understanding of English that no other teacher was able to succeed in: A muse at work.
   & Today she sent me spiraling again to the inner reaches of my mind, instructing the class in critical thinking and pulling meanings from simple passages that would, to any inexperienced reader, seem meaningless and cheap. And then it hit me. I was taking the whole “writing thing” the wrong way, trying to write works so that everybody would understand, but it should not be so. I need to write so that the true readers will enjoy an artful creation, and again my love for Glenis strikes, considering that a life with a woman liker her, intent in learning and growing in education and wisdom, would be an epic lifetime. I respect, adore, and hold Glenis in awe, and hope that this semester brings as much new awakenings as the last.

No comments: