Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Turkey is Over Rated

     Thanksgiving was as it usually is-the reunion of family members that are not used to being all together-uncomfortably delightful. The combination of our family, me (mingling with everyone, showing off my relationship with all), my sister (genius that tires to imitate my mom and like to pretend we are still little kids, fighting over simple and childish things, something we just do), my brother (always distant, preceding as the complicated and dominant one, not needing the family but just completing with his duties), my father (the true cook and baby of the family, tiring hard to be able to please everybody and using any excuse to start a conversation with my brother George), my mother (the heart and soul of the family, loving and understanding in her insane and menopauseial way).
     The night goes one with arguments, compliments, alcohol and lots of loud music to cover the awqward silence that sometimes surrounds us after an argument, shifting first form my fathers music to my music to my brothers and ending up with my mothers favorite songs-usually the most romantic-since she is drunk by then and wants to hear her songs. The dogs wander around getting love from anybody wiling to give it to them, usually Boo form me, and Jimminy from George. Well the night continues with cooking, eating and lots of showing off. So enjoy these pictures I was able to muster. They are a traditional Gonzalez Thanksgiving.





No comments: